Find a Part - Landrover Parts - Landrover Rangerover Parts - Fuel tank
Landrover Rangerover Fuel tank
Landrover Rangerover Fuel tank's are a call or a click away with Find a Part. Fill in the free car parts request form, or give us a call on the Premium rate phone line. We will then contact selected Landrover Rangerover fuel tank suppliers throughout the UK, who will contact you if they have the Landrover Rangerover Fuel tank you need.
Fuel Tanks specifications tend to vary according to the available space within the car / automobile, fuel type, nozzle models, and the area the car will be used in.
In the main, two technologies are used to make fuel tanks for cars & automobiles in general:
- Plastic High density polyethylene (HDPE) fuel tanks produced through blow moulding. This technology is increasingly used as it now shows its capacity to obtain very low emissions of fuel. HDPE is a flexible material, which can also allow for complex shapes to be formed, this means the fuel tank can be mounted directly over the rear axle, saving space and improving crash safety. Initially there were concerns over the low fracture toughness of HDPE, when compared to steel or aluminium, but it is becoming increasingly adopted as the material of choice for fuel tanks.
- Metal (steel or aluminium) fuel tanks obtained by welding of stamped sheets. Although this technology is very good in limiting fuel emissions, it tends to be less competitive and thus less on the market.
Modern cars often feature remote opening of the fuel tank fuel filler flap using an electric motor or cable release. More and more cars can now be seen with fuel tanks that cannot be opened by hand or by any way from the outside of the car.
Fuel tanks often have what are known as reserve tanks. A light on the instrument panel of autos typically illuminates when the fuel level dips below a certain point in the tank. There is no current standard low fuel level, although some efforts are made to collect this data for all automobiles, in the hope of creating a standard at some point in the future.
For safety considerations, in modern cars the fuel tank is usually located ahead of the rear axle, out of the Crumple zones of the car. This means that in the event of an impact, the fuel should not present a fire risk. This location has been used by Volvo since 1974.
Latest Landrover Rangerover Car Parts Requests
- LANDROVER RANGEROVER - AUTOMATIC GEARBOX COMP. WITH THE TORQUE CONVERTER,SATALITE NAVIGATION DISPLAY ON...
- LANDROVER RANGEROVER - AUTOMATIC GEARBOX COMP. WITH THE TORQUE CONVERTER (CDWC ENGINE SIZE AND ALL DET...
- LANDROVER RANGEROVER - ENGINE WIRING LOOM (BMW ENGINE) OSF DRIVE SHAFT, TAILGATE SPOILER WITH BREAK LIG...
- LANDROVER RANGEROVER - NSF EXTERIOR DOOR MOULDING / TRIM...
Are you a breakers yard / dismantler? Call our sales team on 01362 656472 to sign up.
FAQs | Blog | Terms & Conditions | Contact Us | Latest Car Parts Requests | New Members Join